Monday, December 20, 2010

A Peacock Family Christmas: "Maybe Next Year" Edition

Maybe next year. . .
I'll make these really cute Christmas lights. Kristen (my best friend who is getting married) shared this idea with me after seeing in here. I absolutely adore them! I've recently started appreciating felt and all the wonderful things that can be done using it. So seeing felt used yet again is super fun! There is a full tutorial in the link of how to make these sweet light garlands.

I'll make my own new tree skirt! After seeing a guest post on one of my favorite blogs, Smile and Wave, about how to make a tree skirt I have felt inspired to try my own! I don't have time to make one this year but I'd love to give it a whirl next year. This is the one that is made during the tutorial.


Design Sponge, which is a super excellent blog, also posted a tutorial on making tree skirts that is really great! Here is what their finished product looks like:



I'll make pretty teacup candles to give as gifts. Emily posted a how-to over at her Anderson Family Crew 
blog. I have seen this idea before and really wanted to try it last year but once again ran out of time. I am making a personal vow to myself to make this before next Christmas rolls around!


I will use fabric to wrap gifts! It can be done in so many cute ways. I especially like the way a guest poster over at Design Sponge demonstrated. They used fabric to create ribbons and bags for wrapping. 



and maybe next year I'll do another hundred other things on my list! 
xoK

No comments:

Post a Comment