Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Peacock Family Christmas: Decoration Edition II

I showed a few handmade Christmas decorations that appear around Peacock but there are many more to be seen. I've invested quite some time in creating a festive home and I think it has paid off! One of the things I thought of a while back and was so excited to do was use books as decorations. I envisioned all of my red and green bound books together to add a splash of holiday colors to a room. When I re-stacked all of my books I used to opportunity to grab all the reds and greens. I put them on one of our many space-heater turned shelves in front of a window and really like the overall appearance!
The book ends are also hand-me-downs of Nannie's that my sister, Meggie, so lovingly allowed me to have even though Nannie split them between us. I had no idea what to do with these until the books needed some ends so I tossed a few extra ornaments in them and voila! 

I obviously couldn't leave my children's books on the cluttered shelf unseen so they too moved to a space heater turned shelf! 

I also discovered (drumroll, please. . . ) Chalkboard Paint! And let me tell you, it was a life-changing discovery. I have begun painting all sorts of things with it including a few ornaments. 


I also painted a few picture frames as gifts and wrote on them then tied a piece of chalk in the ribbon. I thought it was clever or at least creative! I'll share the other results of chalkboard paint later.
xoK

No comments:

Post a Comment